As well as performing, Lucy teaches group workshops at festivals and schools in ukulele, songwriting, guitar, Appalachian dulcimer and singing.
Her workshops always contain a mixture of demonstration and group participation, and she is able to tailor her workshops to suit different age groups, ability levels and/or a particular thematic focus.
Examples of recent workshops:
- Songwriting Workshop at The Patch Primary School, Belgrave VIC 2012 – writing and arranging a song as a group
- Youth Ensemble at Roses Gap Music Camp, VIC 2014
- Appalachian Songs on the Uke Workshop – Nanga Music Festival, WA 2014
- Celtic Songs on the Ukulele Workshop – Lake School of Celtic Music and Dance, VIC 2015
- Storytelling through Songwriting Workshop – Cygnet Folk Festival, TAS 2015
- Songwriting Workshop – Boroondara Park Primary School Writer’s Festival, VIC 2015 – writing a song as a group
Lucy also teaches one-on-one lessons in ukulele, guitar and Appalachian dulcimer from her home studio in Coburg, VIC. She has a fun, flexible approach to teaching, developed through years of learning and teaching music in the “folk way” – by ear, and also through 15 years of formal musical training. She pays close attention to individual students’ needs and learning goals. She teaches students starting from age 6 to adult.
Lucy has an Advanced Diploma of Music (Jazz Contemporary) from NMIT in Melbourne, and holds a current Working with Childrens’ Check.
$50 / 40 min lesson
5 x 40 min lessons: $200
Click here to contact Lucy about lesson rates and bookings, or about workshops.